What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The default setting for most browsers is to enable cookies. On how to set up cookies – for the most commonly used browsers – is described on the following websites:
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=eng
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- This site also uses Hotjar to help improve the way we convey information to you. Hotjar produces reports over the most and least used areas of our site, based on where and when our users’s interact with Trustchain.com. Based on this data, we may improve our site to serve you even better in the future.You may gather more information on the exact cookies Hotjar is using, see the official Hotjar Cookies page.
- For communication purposes this site uses Intercom’s Messenger. Intercom provides you the opportunity to contact us via live chat everywhere on this site.Should You need more information on the exact cookies Intercom is using, see the official Intercom Cookies page
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
Currently TrustChain does not collect any information directly, only through use of the following third party service providers:
Use of Intercom Services
Use of Google Analytics
The information obtained from cookies about the use of the website (including your IP address and the URLs of the websites you visit) is usually sent to and stored on a US-based Google server. By activating IP anonymisation on this website, the IP address will be shortened before being transferred to the European Union member states or to other contracting states of the European Economic Community Treaty. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be forwarded to a US-based Google server where it will be shortened. Google will use this information for our benefit to evaluate your usage habits on our website, to compile reports on the activities of the website and to carry out additional services related to the website and the use of the Internet. Anonymous IP address provided by Google Analytics from your browser will not be merged with other Google data. These data are stored for 6 months.
We do not store the data that Google Analytics collected.
Use of HotJar
This website uses analytics software from Hotjar Ltd. (Hotjar) (http://www.hotjar.com), Level 2, St Julian’s Business Center, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julian’s STJ 1000, Malta, Europe . Hotjar allows us to measure and evaluate user behavior (clicks, mouse operations, scrolls, etc.) on our website. The information that is generated by the “Tracking Code” and cookies on our website during your visit will be forwarded to the Hotjar server in Ireland, where they will be stored. The following (anonymous) information is collected by Tracking Code: screen size of your device, device type and browser information, geographic location (country only), preferred language for our web page view, user interactions, mouse actions (move, position, and clicks), keyboard activity, and Log data.
We do not store HotJar information and these data will be deleted after 365 days.